Maker stuff really happening! Laser cutter ordered! No pictures!
We kicked off 2016 with our first member-only nights, and the place has been buzzing. If yesterday evening (Monday Jan 18) is any indication of things to come, it’s going to be an amazing year. The activities going on in all corners of the space were like a microcosm of the events we ran last year.
What were we up to?
- DDO’s Mike helped sort out some hand-held ham radio configuration
- Lucian helped reload a home router with open source Gargoyle software to torture kids with parental controls, get free DNS, and and set up remote VPN acces.
- 3D design course materials being developed by Richard and were tested on human guinea pig and new member Brooke… with a focus on the new light sabre design.
- Ross worked and demo’d his latest remote-control robot software… now featuring Python code.
- Pek and Jay worked the second 3D printer and its controller PC to augment the persnickety rep-rap printer.
So busy, in fact, that nobody got around to taking pictures.
For those who have not been there for a while… the place keeps getting better. Fridge… hand tools… soldering equipment… storage… big workbench you can hammer on… and we’ve ordered a laser cutter!
Stay tuned for more details… and come out and join the fun.